Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
Source: Adapted from The Chunky Chef’s Creamy Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces chicken stock
- 2 (15-oz) cans Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (4-oz) cans diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (15-oz) can whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Pico De Gallo/Salsa
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Hot Sauce
- Microwave onions, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder and cayenne pepper in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened and spices fragrant, about 4 minutes; transfer to slow cooker.
- Stir chicken stock, beans, diced green chiles and corn into slow cooker combining with seasoned onion mixture. Nestle chicken breasts in the liquid. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred before returning to slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on high until chili is creamy and slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with desired toppings.
One of the easiest ways to shred chicken quickly and uniformly is to place it in the bowl of a KitchenAid stand mixer and use flat beater to shred.